Libav and Free Software development

Leave a comment

The Libav sprint

Four Libav developers met for a four-day sprint, including two OPW interns. It was productive: we discussed various aspects of the project and coded. There was not much pair programming, but everyone made progress. I wrapped up the RealAudio code, dropping SIPR support (it turned out that the old implementation I was using as a reference did not actually support SIPR-in-RealAudio; I wish I had realized that before spending a couple of weeks on it). I also added some tests, as there were none for RealAudio files (the RealAudio tests in Libav were all for RealAudio streams in RealMedia files). There was also a lot of delicious Libav chocolate.

At this point, I am implementing RealMedia demuxing.